Activities of APKCPM
The activities of the Association shall include:
(The following is a tentative list of activities)
- Publication of electronic newsletter and other web resources on kidney care and dialysis therapy
- Annual Conference on kidney care and dialysis therapy
- Dialogue with regulatory authority and other relevant government agency with responsibility for the industry development and oversight
- Systematically compile and review regulatory notice issued or actions taken on member companies, and make representations to the relevant authority to clarify and resolve such matters.
- Dialogue with payers in matters related to reimbursement.
- Training programs on various topics related to kidney care and dialysis
- Collaborative research on kidney care and dialysis
- Participate in the National Renal Registry (NRR) to enable providers to track long term efficacy and safety of dialysis, and in particular tap into data contributed by member companies to NRR and produce reports on members’ companies performance based on CMS’s metrics
- Conduct price surveys on dialysis equipment, consumable products and other trade practices, and make recommendation or take corrective actions thereof
- Conduct research survey among member companies for purpose of gathering business and market intelligence.
- Conduct survey on patients’ experience with kidney care and dialysis services using HD-CAHPS
- Evaluate the evidence base of new dialysis technology, and make recommendation thereof
- Publish a web directory of dialysis providers and information on their services.