Members of the Association of Private Kidney Care Providers of Malaysia (APKCPM) could gain entry into an influential global community of peers, experts, and organizations in Kidney Care
[Download the membership form here]
[Download the RENEWAL 2018 membership form here]
[Download the Proxy form here]
- Full Membership shall be opened to all dialysis centres in good standing which are incorporated in or established under Laws of Malaysia, that is either they as standalone business entities or their parent companies are registered with the Registrar of Companies (ROC)
- Each member may nominate up to 1 individual as nominee/representative who are Malaysian citizens above 18 years of age, residing in Malaysia or professionals who are working in Malaysia, to the association.
- Full Membership have the right to vote, hold ofﬁce, attend and participate in any event organised by the Association
- Full Membership is NOT open to individual persons
b.Associate membership - is extended to Pharma, NGO (example NGO dialysis operators), Industry players (example suppliers) or Individuals (example Nephrologists) with no voting rights. The annual fees will be RM500 per individual, entrance fees is waived. Application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members or approved collectively during the committee meeting.
- Honorary membership will be awarded to distinguished personage or individual who has contributed to the Association. The bestowal and removal of such membership is entirely and only at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Honorary Members and does not need to pay annual membership fees.
d.Student membership - None
Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Committee for approval. The Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the first annual subscription, be admitted as a member of the Association and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
RESIGNATION & TERMINATION
- Any member who wishes to resign from the Association shall give two (2) weeks' notice in writing to the Secretary and shall pay up all dues.
- Any member who fails to comply with the rules of the Association or has acted in a manner to bring disrepute upon the Association may he expelled or suspended for a period of time as the Committee deems fit. Before the Committee expels or suspends the member, the member shall be informed of the grounds for such expulsion or suspension in writing and be given an opportunity to be heard by the Committee. Such suspension or expulsion shall be enforced, unless otherwise reversed by a general meeting upon appeal by the said member.
ENTRANCE FEES, SUBCRIPTIONS AND OTHER DUES
- The entrance fee - Entrance fee RM500 (Ringgit Malaysia Five hundred Only) will be imposed
- Subscription fee payable shall be as follows:-
- Full Membership – Annual subscription RM 1000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia One Thousand Only)
a.All annual subscription shall be payable to the Treasurer within seven (7) days at the beginning of the new year.
b.Life membership – not applicable
c.Any member who allows the subscription arrears to exceed two (2) years shall receive a written notification signed by or on behalf of the Secretary, and shall be denied the privileges of membership until full payment is made.
d.Any member who allows the arrears to exceed three (3) years will automatically cease to be a member of the Association, shall be suspended as a member of the Association.
e.Once the membership has been ceased, the organization or individual will have to apply to the Committee for readmission to the Association. Upon acceptance the member will have to pay entrance fee and annual subscription.
f. Special subscriptions or levies for particular purposes may be raised from members by resolution of the general meeting of the Association. If any member fails to pay such subscription within such period as may be resolved, the amount due shall be treated in the same way as arrears of annual subscription